One of my favorite Ethiopian food “genfo”, (porridge). Genfo is not discussed frequently in the canon of Ethiopian dishes, nor does it conform to Western notions of porridge. Take a deeper look at this simple dish and you will discover the results of geography, history, and evolution of a region. Genfo is the Amharic name for a thick porridge eaten.
Use your spoon or move the bowl side. Genfo is a simple Ethiopian porridge that is commonly consumed for breakfast, made by adding dry-roasted barley The porridge is then transferred to a bowl, and a hole is created in the center, usually by using a finjal (Ethiopian coffee cup). The well is filled with clarified spiced butter and berbere spices. You can have One of my favorite Ethiopian food “genfo”, (porridge) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One of my favorite Ethiopian food “genfo”, (porridge)
- It's 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of Ethiopian spicy butter (Kibe).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of (berebere).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of (mitemita).
- You need of Water.
- Prepare Teaspoon of Salt.
Genfo (Amharic: ገንፎ, gänfo); or is a stiff porridge-like substance that is normally formed into a round shape with a hole in the middle for the dipping sauce, a mixture of butter and red peppers, or pulses such as sunflower, seed, nut (Carthamus tinctorius) and flax (Linum usitatissimum). Ethiopian Food - Genfo Recipe Bula&Wheat Version Amharic&English Enset False Banana. Ethiopian Genfo የገንፎ አሰራር perfect porridge How to make Genfo. Martie A ማርቲ ኤ. easy vegan dish is one of my favorite parts of any Ethiopian meal! (Breakfast) It's a filling porridge made with any of a variety of flours, most commonly prepared with wheat or with barley. ▶ Ethiopian Food - Genfo Recipe Bula & Wheat version Amharic & English Enset False Banana - YouTube.
One of my favorite Ethiopian food “genfo”, (porridge) instructions
- Add 4 cups of water in a pot and a teaspoon of salt and let it boil on a medium hot heat..
- Once water boils, slowly add the Sift flour onto the water while stirring with a wooden spoon..
- After adding flour it will become very thick making it hard to stir..
- At this point you need to remove any lumps by stiring and mixing hard, add more water to help the process. Remove the genfo from the heat. Add melted butter or oil into a bowl and scoop the genfo into the bowl in one big ball..
- In the centre of the genfo ball, make a well using your spoon. Then add your melted butter and “berbere “and “mitemita “while still hot. Mix the berebere and melted butter well and serve..
ETHIOPIAN FOOD - BULLA - FALSE BANANA የቡላ ፍርፍር አዘገጃጀት. #ፈጢራ#fatira#ethiopia#food ፈጢራ (fatira)Ethiopian food fatira/ ቆጆ የፈጢራ አሰራር. Genfo is a stiff porridge eaten in Ethiopia. Jiaozi Guotie, 餃子, 餃子, Chinese d… Check out my other video's Don't forget to subscribe Видео Ethiopian Food Genfo ገንፎ / የፆም/በተልባ канала Addis Kitchen. Vind stockafbeeldingen in HD voor Genfo Thick Porridge Eaten Breakfast Ethiopia en miljoenen andere rechtenvrije stockfoto's, illustraties en vectoren in de Shutterstock-collectie.